The AC-MX82-AUHD is a 8x2 HDMI matrix switcher, perfect for any home theater. Supporting HDMI 2.0(a/b), HDCP 2.2, up to 4K video resolution, and up to 18 Gbps bandwidth. This switch allows any source (Blu-ray, UHD Blu-ray, satellite receiver, game consoles, PCs, etc ... ) to be shown on any of the connected displays. This matrix equalizes and amplifies the output to ensure the HDMI signal can be transmitted through long HDMI cables without loss of quality.
The AC-MX82-AUHD is ideal for bypassing AVR's that do not support full 18Gbps. You can bypass uncompressed HDMI to the display while running down-scaled video into a legacy AVR. Only video is reduced and audio remains untouched, making it an ideal component for systems where high bit-rate audio is critical.
Many like this switch for the home theater, but it is also a conference room all-star. The auto-switching feature makes this unit an ideal, affordable, component for any conference room system. This allows the user to set up the installation so that anytime someone connects a new source, the matrix switcher automatically switches the two outputs to that source.
This is an ideal solution for digital entertainment centers, home theaters, HDTV retail, show sites, data centers, schools, conference and training centers and more! Key Benefits of using the AC-MX82-AUHD-RM:
Ideal for overcoming AVR problems - In today's fast moving, high-bandwidth, video market there is often a need to send high bitrate, bit stream audio into AVR's to take advantage of audio advances like Dolby Atmos or DTS-X. The problem is the AVR's, while especially well suited for audio, lack the robust ability to manage high-bandwidth HDR video. This simple switch will allow you bypass full, un-scaled, uncompressed video on to displays or projectors and simultaneously down-scale one output to lower bandwidth video while maintaining the original untouched audio codecs, making it ideal for sending this second HDMI signal into an AVR.
Auto-Switching (Conferencing) - Ideally suited for conference rooms or environments where you want the matrix to simply switch to the active input, or activate when a device is plugged in. BYOD applications are growing, and this unit is ideally suited to manage this type of environment.
Auto switching mode can be configured:
4K Up/Down Scaling ~
- Both outputs auto switch together
- Only one output auto switches
- NOTE - In either mode output 1 can be down-scaled to accommodate a room where one display is 1080P and another is 4K
This technology is managed on output two. This will allow you to downscale 4K sources to 1080p. This completely eliminates the problem that all other matrices have that forces them to "dumb down" the entire system even if there is only one old 1080P display. Extreme EDID Management ~
With 29 on board EDID's, including HDR EDID's, not getting a picture is simply a thing of the past. You can manage the input side of the switch by selecting a preloaded EDID. INSTANTLY read an EDID from any connected display and apply it to the desired input, all with the push of a button. Goodbye EDID problems... Dual Audio De-Embedding ~
Unique Audio De-Embedding allows:
- The user can extract 2 Channel audio from the L/R Ports. NOTE: the Analog Port only supports 2CH PCM - for down-mixing check out AC-ADM-AUHD or AC-ADM-COTO
- It features a digital optical toslink output for support for 7CH LPCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital +, DTS, DTS Master Audio.
- Extracted audio routing is bound to the output of your choosing (extracted audio switches with the video)
- HDMI 2.0(a/b)
- 18Gbps Bandwidth Support
- 4K60 4:4:4 Support
- Full HDR Support (HDR 10 & 12 Bit)
- Dolby Vision, HDR10+ and HLG Support
- HDCP 2.2 (and all earlier versions supported)
- 4K > 1080p Down Scaler (Out 1)
- Perfect AVR Bypass deliver 18Gbps to Display and uncompressed audio to AVR
- Advanced EDID Management
Compatible with other AVPro Edge Extender Kits.