The FRM220-1000DS media converter is a Universal Fiber Converter - ideal for any communication standard, including Fast and Giga Ethernet, STM-1 and STM-4, OC-1, OC-3, OC-12 and OC-24, FDDI or Fiber Channel. FRM220-1000DS adds management features via SNMP or local console port (telnet).
It allows users to transfer from single mode to multimode signals.Same rate SFPs MUST be used in both slots.
The FRM220-1000DS Universal Fiber Converter provides SFP slot to SFP slot conversion.
The FRM220-1000DS can accomodate any type of miniGBIC (SFP) optical modules, either multimode or singlemode type. It allows applications requiring changes from multimode to singlemode fiber operation, or to single strand WDM BiDi fiber needs. The unit offers unparalleled flexibility and easy migration from short-haul to long haul fiber connections by simply changing the optical module interface.
- Interfaces:two SFP slots supporting multi-rate up to 1.25Gbps
- Connectors: two SFP(Small Form Pluggable) slots for optical modules
- SFP slot: multi-rate OC1, OC3, OC12, OC24, STM-1, STM-4, FDDI, Fibre Channel 1G, Fast and Gigabit Ethernet rates supported
- Functions: 2R, reshape and re-amplify, SFP 2 copies the SFP 1 slot rate; it is mandatory that SFP modules run at same rate
- Front LEDs: PWR, SFP1 link, SFP2 link
- Power: External 90-260V AC switching adapter 12VDC@1A with NEMA1-15(2 blades only), US type main plug
- Temperature: 0 - 50°C (Operating); -20 ~ 70°C (Storage)
- Humidity: 20 80% non condensing (Operating); 0 90% (Storage)
- Consumption: less than 4W
- Dimensions(WxDxH): 85.6mm x 122.6mm x 20mm
- Weight: 340g (without AC adapter)
- Compliance: CE, FCC part 15 Class A
- MTBF: 65,000 hours