TL-TP70-HDIR HDMI & IR over Twisted Pair Cable Extender
HDMI cables are great for transmitting audio and video signals short distances, but larger buildings and larger rooms often need electronics inline to ensure signal performance. Simply pulling a long HDMI cable or connecting multiple HDMI cables together can cause signal drop out, interference, pixelization and a host of other signal and performance problems.
The TL-TP70-HDIR replaces a traditional HDMI cable with active electronics designed specifically for sending video signals up to 230 feet. Plus, built-in IR control signal embedding allow you to also transmit bi-directional IR commands with the HDMI stream.
In actual practice, this means you can use the TL-TP70-HDIR to send audio and video signals from your source device (often a switcher, cable box, or DVD player) to your destination device (often a display or projector) and control the source device remotely...all using a single twisted pair cable. In other words, you can install your source device in a remote closet or cabinet and control it with the same remote control used for your display. Now that’s a clean installation!
- Transmit HDMI & IR over a single twisted pair cable
- Extend 1080p HD up to 230 ft. (70m.)
- Extend 4K@30 HD up to 130 ft. (40m.)
- Embedded bi-directional IR control
- System powered from either the transmitter or receiver
- Audio Return Channel (ARC)
- Run a twisted pair patch cord with RJ45 connectors (see TL-TP6S-RJ) between your source device and destination device.
- Connect the TL-TP70-HDIR transmitter (included in the package) to your source device with an HDMI cable.
- Connect the TL-TP70-HDIR receiver (included in the package) to your destination device with an HDMI cable.
- Optionally connect the ARC and IR control ports if you need audio return de-embedding or control.
- Connect the twisted pair patch cord with RJ45 connectors (see TL-TP6S-RJ) to the twisted pair input ports on the TL-TP70-HDIR transmitter and receiver.
- Connect the power supply (included in the package) to the DC 12V port on either the TL-TP70-HDIR transmitter or receiver.
- Connect the power supply (included in the package) to an AC outlet or power source.